Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What we do in life...

...echoes in eternity. I haven't much of a desire to blog but considering the "avid" following I have, consisting mostly of me, myself, and I, it doesn't matter a whole lot. I ended my wonderful relationship with Kelly. A specific reason still eludes me. It was the most amazing relationship I've ever been in and she was incredible. I just did not have a peace about moving to New England, something felt wrong when I prayed, and I felt uneasy about traveling there for vacation in March. I still have no reason why other than I believed it's what God wanted. I had two choices, to either follow his plan or do my own thing and I already know how the latter turns out.

Either way, I am absolutely and entirely determined not to give God any reason whatsoever to not bring a woman into my life so I'll spend this time to write, focus on growing, and to put my complete trust in him, knowing that his plan is better than mine. It always has been and always will be. Maybe I'll squeeze some exercise in there too since I just got a completely free elliptical machine! 70 lbs sounds like a lot though... :'(

But life is really great actually! I leave for San Diego on Friday to visit Chad since I had a plane ticket that was non-refundable. Southwest rocks because I changed my flight the day before I was scheduled to leave with zero penalties. I don't have a lot of friends, partially by choice since I do my best to stay away from bars and those types of friends. And most of the rest are married or much younger than me. I could use some more adventures but at the same time, I'm kind of a homebody so I'm usually satisfied to spend most of my weekends at home. I go to breakfast with my dad and visit my parents.

Oh, and I've changed churches. The person I was a year ago is a lot different than me now and looking back two, five, ten years back, that was a completely different person and I've attended my church since I was 9. People frequently judge others or view them from what they've heard from other people or witnessed in the past. It's nice to attend where hardly anyone knows me and doesn't have any preconcieved opinions of me. :P And church on Saturday nights means my whole Sunday is free. And I don't want to go to see people, but go to hear a good message and participate in some great worship.

The fat, old man...

3 comments:

The Farmer's Wife said...

Sorry to hear things didn't work out with Kelly. Maybe the timing is just wrong. Too bad San Diego is so far from Bako, you could come hang out for a while. Have a safe trip. Happy Easter.

JR Hart said...

Hey, thanks! What are you guys? 4 hours away? That's too bad. It would be great to meet you guys and hear JC rap in person. :P

The Farmer's Wife said...

Ummm... are you too busy echoing in eternity to update your blog?