Friday, December 12, 2008

The Big 3

When I graduated from college, I didn't have the best luck finding a job. I was unemployed for several months after getting fired and I used credit cards to pay for everything, the false notion of making lots of money once I found a job flitting through my head. When reality hit and I had to take a job at a gas station, I found myself way over my head in debt. Years later, I worked two jobs for almost half a year, working up to 66 hours per work, maybe more, getting the debt taken care of. I had to settle which isn't the worst for your credit but far from good.

So now we have these automakers who pump out gas-guzzling SUVs and huge trucks for all these retarded rednecks who refuse to buy foreign, reliable, high mpg cars. And by the way, most "foreign" cars are made in America now. Not to mention the American companies have produced sub-par vehicles for years. When I was car shopping last year, I studied Consumer Report's Most Reliable and Least Reliable Lists. The Most reliable list was covered with Toyotas, Hondas, Subarus, and Infinitis. There were maybe 3 or 4 American vehicles on it out of 30 some vehicles. Then you look at the Least Reliable list and it's chock full of American vehicles.

I know they have gotten better in recent years but it's too little, too late. They sunk themselves into the ground... and they want a bailout??? Out of my pocket, from my tax money! Screw you, I say! They can whine all the want about the lost jobs from their collapse but there better not be a bailout or there will be issues between the IRS and myself next year as I do not file my tax return. Why should I pay money, my hard-earned tax money to pay for these retarded companies with their CEOs with their private jets and $100 million salaries and yachts and mansions and Ferraris! It's already to a point where my tax money will go to fund murdering babies. Not only will we support murder but we'll support poor management and bad leadership as well. I never asked for a free handout when I got in over my head. No, I worked my way out of it!

Actually, maybe a better idea would be to write somebody high up in the political system and ask for my car and student loans to be paid off. If a company can dig itself into a hole and get free cash, why can't I? Maybe I should go out and buy a ton of stuff like a house and a nicer car and some nice clothes and a new computer and a huge TV and then say... "Well, can't pay all this off. I'll have to file bankruptcy! Oh... wait... I'll just call up the government and get some free cash."

I really do feel for the people who will lose their jobs. Maybe they should have gone and worked for Honda or Toyota instead of choosing a crappy American company. Or maybe they should have considered NOT making $30 an hour to sit around and watch TV for the union. That's why all the jobs go to China. When you pay a worker $100 an hour on a holiday while he gets OT while he sits around and watches a machine work or sleeps or watches his favorite show, you wonder why you are going under? Do away with these outrageous unions, pay people a reasonable rate to actually work, and then our jobs will come back from India and China and we won't have huge, billion dollar corporations going under.

Welcome to the free economy, Big 3! Suck it up.

No comments: