Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Clincher


Well, I'm at work and I can't concentrate at all. I have a ton of reports to do but I always get them done fairly quickly. It helps when you can type super fast. After having a great evening last night and actually getting out of my house for something other than work (and not to mention several engaging conversations, two with cute girls), I've realized what the clincher is...

...I basically need to just stop whining about my life, accept it the way it is, and do my best to live each for God, not for my own personal desires. It's not like life is bad though I do tend to focus on the negative, the dark side of things, the wrong. Life could be worse. I could be married to the wrong person instead of not at all, I could be making lots of money... and have cancer... it can usually get worse rather than better.

So... I just need to appreciate life for what it is. I won't be here forever. It's all just temporary anyways...

2 comments:

The Farmer's Wife said...

Amen to that. And about the voting, sometimes when you don't have any good choices it is better to analyze and vote for the lesser of the two evils than to not vote at all. I don't think that either canadate is all that great either. Also there is more to vote on than just the president. I know JC has talked about our Prop 8. That too me at this point is almost more important than the presidential election. I'm going to shut up now and catch up on the rest of your blog. ;)

JR Hart said...

Yeah, I should have tried to study more about other topics. I found out some stuff, at least about the people running for governor of IN, that I really would have voted for. Some stupid lady wanted to stop all form of restraints in residential care! I guess she has never been punched or stabbed by a child before...