Thursday, October 30, 2008

Parsecs and Goblins

Ok, I gotta tell this story from last night. Wednesday nights are D&D (Dungeons and Dragons) nights. It's a horribly Satanic game, and by Satanic I, of course, mean it is harmless. The sad part is I always feel I have to defend myself cuz of the ultraconservative view on something people know nothing about. I don't defend myself when I mention playing video games or watching movies. But yeah... cuz of some nutjob Christians out there, people have this stigma. And I'm sidetracked, anyways... D&D is like a video game without a screen. Much more use of the imagination, I guess. But yeah, fun times.

So, Will is DMing (Dungeon Master, makes the story, runs the campaign) the game while Matt, Roberto, and I all play two characters. A good 1/3 of the gaming session consists of us burning each other and trying to top the others' your mom burns. Yes, very mature. Most of mine consist of something similar to the "your mom goes to college" retarded burn from Napoleon Dynamite. Matt is running a tiefling warlock and genasi swordmage, Roberto runs an elven cleric and eladrin wizard and I run a human rogue and human ranger.

Well, Matt, in his brilliant genius, made a comment about how he has to wait a parsec while I figure out what my characters are doing. Now, being the nerd that I am, I have to correct him and point out that a parsec is actually a measure of distance, like a light year, and not a measure of time. So I get ridiculed pretty bad for being such a fan of Star Wars and Star Trek. (I must point out here that Han Solo made the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs)...

Anyways... later on, Roberto in his mexican genius, makes a comment about how goblins must of wrote this scroll we found. There have been absolutely no goblins near us, we have not fought any goblins, so his comment made no sense so Matt and I are laughing so hard cuz he can't explain himself. I'm starting to cry, I'm laughing so hard at this point. So, I start saying sentences while replacing one word with parsec such as "I'm laughing so hard, I almost parseced in my pants"... and then we continued on for awhile. It was the end to a hilarious night and Will even pulled out a your mom burn.

The moral of the story is... I'm a huge nerd and probably shouldn't know what a parsec is. But I do... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parsec

No comments: