Friday, October 31, 2008

My Hectic Life (riiiiiiiight)

As you can see, I'm very busy with lots of important things because I only post... daily. I just finished up about 20 some reports for the day and I have an hour left in the office.
Well, I have 15 kids but none of them are my own. Their "my" kids cuz they are on my caseload. I enjoy the older ones because of the conversations I can have with them and how it is much easier to relate to children who are close to adulthood. But the younger ones... some of them you want to squeeze and not let go because cute does not do them justice.

I would love to share details of how hilarious these kids are but confidentiality gets in the way of that. So I have all these awesome stories that I can only share with my coworkers.

I was going to go to a Halloween party tonight but when I mentioned it to my coworker who would also be attending with her boyfriend, she looked about as happy as she found out her whole family had died in a plane crash or something. I have no idea why but she probably gets sick of putting up with me 40 hours per week. Anyways, it would be me, the 30 year old, with a bunch of people in their early to mid 20s sooooo... count me out anyways. I'll sit at home and play some Fable 2 or Battlefield 2. After talking with Kristin, I might have to whip out my SNES since I haven't played that in awhile.

Being the only single person as well as the only male in the office, I don't give the females a break. I.E. Erinn has this erasable calendar that she carefully crosses off the days on and I always try and beat her to it and mark the days off in some original way. My last two I completely colored in the day on the calendar and the other one I crossed out with a Roman numeral X. Erinn also has this plant that comes straight from a South American jungle. Until I carefully manuevered it, it's leaves were branching over my desk and almost blocking my computer monitor. One day, I plan on moving it so that it replaces her computer chair in front of her desk.

Then there is Katie. Katie is the one who knows what she is doing so I usually have to be pretty nice to her. She used to split these supervised visits with me and the birth parents would always cancel on days she was going to do them. Well, now the roles have switched. She did a visit for me this month and it was utter chaos. But when I've done, they've been easy and the kids have been pretty good. My reasoning is that the kids just love me... :P

And then we have Marylin. She is 62 and just began using a computer about a year and a half ago. She'll lose hours of work cuz she didn't save or she'll get mad at her computer and growl and pound her desk. And the age jokes from me never stop. But she's a good sport and she throws them right out. She also tends to fart at different times. One day she had to bend over to look at some wires behind her computer and she squeezed one out. So Erinn tells the IT on the phone while I'm rolling around laughing. She also got married over the summer and her last name changed to Boy. So she tells everyone she is a boy now. She actually got some people before the wedding by saying that she was soon going to be a boy.

Oh, I gotta tell this story. One day we are all out at lunch. I think we were at Mia Ranchita in Lowell and we were talking about something, like foster parents getting their water tested or something. So Marylin means to say organisms in the water but organism becomes orgasm. We were all dying laughing. Yeah... those jokes went around for a while. And considering she was recently married didn't help either. We knew what was on her mind.

That's our fantastic office. Anyways... that's work... 4:30pm is drawing closer and it's Friday! WOOT! Okay... peace out...

No comments: