Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Another Day...

So, Obama wins... I'm actually kind of glad to see an African-American president but unfortunately it has to be someone with stupid ideas... who is barely old enough to be my father and probably does not have enough experience to run this country... but anyways... I didn't vote so I'm not really complaining... I just hate being limited to two not-so-great choices... unless you can really count an Independent as a 3rd viable choice...

I joined eharmony... mostly because my buddy Matt continued to bug me about getting online and I'm sort of doing it to debunk him. It's worth the money to me and it's not like I have anything to lose anyways. I went out to lunch with Kate yesterday and after our amusing discussion about the girls in the area and her only appealing idea being a girl in a complicated situation and whose best friend I thought I was going to marry (thus, completely ruling her out due to moral and ethical reasons... come on, I'm not a complete jerk...), I realized that around here, there isn't much going on. Seriously... NW IN sucks. Anyways... the internet thing didn't work out before and I'm pretty sure it won't now but... whatever. Matt insists he knows people who've gotten married off of there or something. I'm sort of a skeptic of it all. And I'll probably just end up proving him wrong.

I think I might start going to another local, singles, Bible study group in the area... Lifeline is not the same without Tim and Andrea and the boys. My group is nice but one of my pet peeves is someone talking down to me or talking about how they've experienced so much more of life than myself. I mean, come on! I'm 30 and not retarded. There've been hard times and there will be hard times. I understand getting married and being a parent changes things but just because someone is single doesn't mean they can't understand something. Those aren't all my issues with them but when someone talks to you as if they've seen so much more of life, I don't care if they are 90, it gets on my nerves. "You'll understand that when you get married." or "You'll get it when you have kids." Hmmm... so Jesus never understood that? Cuz the last time I checked, he didn't marry and have kids (forget the lame DeVinci Code)... People seem to completely devalue the ability of one's imagination, intelligence, and empathy as if the idea that someone can put themselves in the shoes of someone else is completely irrational.

No comments: