Friday, November 14, 2008

The Pain of Addiction


I have been very tempted to buy Wrath of the Lich King and reopen my World of Warcraft account... but I'm resisting. It's hard. I've done my stints in rehab and I thought I had conquered this... but the desire to play that video game is too strong. It's hard to resist... I've bought several games recently (Fable 2, Far Cry 2 - biggest disappointment of the year, and Call of Duty: World at War) so I shouldn't buy another one. I am still impatiently waiting for Starcraft 2, F.E.A.R. 2 - Project Origin, and Diablo 3. Not to mention that I still get endless hours of fun from Battlefield 2 and Titan's Quest. I just don't want to spend so much time on one game and if WoW didn't eat up so much time to level and get semi-decent gear, I'd go get it. But I really need to devote more time to other things, like friends and writing. I CANNOT wait for Diablo 3. That game will just be incredible.

Anyways... on a semi-humorous note, there are actual studies out there on video game addiction and what not. I really just had nothing else to blog about and I'm suffering from some serious procrastination at work... cuz I have a LOT of reports to write but it's Friday. Who wants to write reports on a Friday? Or Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday either...

Quantum of Solace comes out today and I think I'm going to go see it with one of my kids. He just turned 16 so I told him I would take him to a movie for his birthday. The name's Bond. James Bond. I named the dog Indiana!

No comments: