Monday, April 20, 2009

Nothing to do with Drugs

I dropped $350 on riding gear this weekend... since I'm a noob on a bike and safety is important. $89.99 helmet, $45.00 gloves, $179.99 leather jacket, not being able to pick the bike up cuz the battery is dead - priceless. He's getting me a new battery. And I think I'm going to try and pick it up so after spending about 8 minutes on a motorcycle 9 years ago and 15 minutes on a dirtbike last fall, I am going to ride it from Valpo to Demotte. I've plotted out a straight path through back, country roads (full of potholes, of course) with minimal traffic. I have to cross route 30, highway 49, and route 8 and I'll end up in Demotte.

I'm thinking that a kind request to have him bring it down to good ol' Jasper county would be smarter. But I really want to get it soooo...

My grandma passed away Sunday morning. She was 97 and it was coming for awhile. She really couldn't get a whole lot older than she was. She was cognisant and lived on her own until she was about 95. I was sad but my brother and I got to go out to Florida 5 or 6 years ago and spend a week with her since she was getting older. I'm more sad for my dad's loss though. But she is with the Lord now.

No comments: