Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ross's Leather Pants

I was on my way to court yesterday for one of the kids on my caseload. Having the bad memory that I do, I almost always forget one thing on my way out the door. Forget to brush my teeth, forget my belt, forget my iPod. This particular day I forgot to put gel in my hair. Well, I can't stand just letting my hair sit there. I guess I feel more presentable and professional if my hair looks nice (since I don't just buzz it these days). I'm half an hour early for court so I stop by a Walgreens and finally pick out some super thick hold gel.

I know it will be really sticky but I have toilet paper in my car that I keep for emergency purposes. Spills, runny noses, emergency cleanups. I would keep paper towels but toilet paper is small and easier to hide under my seat. I get in my car and spread some gel on my hands. This stuff is super sticky and I get some on my face. So, I put in my hair, work some magic in the mirror, and then grab some of the toilet paper. The toilet paper doesn't work as I rub and rub, I just end up getting all this little pieces of paper all over my hands. I had to rub my hands together for several minutes to make them unsticky enough to put them on my steering wheel and stick shift.

It wasn't nearly as bad as Ross in the leather pants... but pretty close. I made it to the courthouse and washed my hands before I had to shake anyways hands. It was a pretty funny incident...

3 comments:

hyacinthgirl said...

Haha! "The lotion and the powder have made a paaaste!"

The Farmer's Wife said...

LMAO! Nice!

JR Hart said...

toilet paper and super hold gel make a weird paste as well... haha!