Thursday, April 9, 2009

Parking...

If you thought something bad when you read that title, then... you have the same type of mind that I do. :D

Anyways... we have very narrow parking spaces down here in Renseltucky and people aren't very good at squeezing their aircraft carrier size SUVs into the spots. They stick out into the middle of the street and block everyone's view who is pulling out of their spots there. Now, this is not paralell parking, just slightly angled so it's even easier than pulling straight in, say at Wal-mart. Our office building has several other offices in it. This younger girl, who's face is painted on with a roller, drives this little, red matrix (she doesn't even drive one of the battlecruisers that some of the other people drive!). The other day I pull up and into a spot and she is parked over the line. Well, with my car sitting in the middle of my spot, I'm pretty close to her car so there is barely enough room for her to get in. Being the delightful person that I am, I decide that I'm not adjusting my car and making it so I have barely enough room to get out of my door so she can easily get into her car. She was the one who was parked on the line anyways. Let her squeeze her fat butt into the spot.

I'm in the office all day and I see that her car had left for lunch. After a bit, she comes back and there is an empty spot next to my car so she takes it. (Now, keep it mind, she was the one who parked horribly at the beginning of the day - I parked my car pretty much in the middle of the spot and she still barely had enough room to get into her car). Anyways, she pulls in and backs out several times, each time making sure she is getting closer to my car. This girl purposefully parks extremely close to my car, this time parking over the line, haha!

The truck next to her left and I thought how devious it would be to go move my car to the other side of her but park so close, her door wouldn't be able to open. I decided that it would be better to let it all go and not get into some parking drama war with a tubby, chain-smoking girl who's self-esteem was so low she has to wear a mask each morning. I wonder if she has to use a chisel and hammer washcloth to get that off at night?

Anyways... what I did was just wait until she left for the day before I went out to my car and left, thus defeating the whole point of her purposefully parking so close to my car. If she parks bad again, I'm going to find a flyer (or even make one) with directions to a driving school somewhere nearby... perhaps putting an emphasis on getting a certificate specializing in parking.

Ok, I probably would never do that but the idea amuses me... seriously, though. Someone needs to stand out there with two big, glowing orange sticks in their hand each morning, directing her into the spot. I wonder if she has ever hit anyone pulling into an oil change or car wash? I wouldn't be surprised.

6 days until I pick up my bike... woot!

No comments: