Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Summer Time is Here

I borrowed a couple hundred from my roomate so I am getting my motorcycle next week! To say I'm a little excited would be a gross understatement. I gotta get plates for it, get insurance set up, and find a helmet that fits but... other than that, I'm good to go! Hope we get hit with some decent, warmer weather in the coming weeks so I can get some good riding in. I put my two weeks notice in at the phone job. I really don't need it and can't stand it. I also realized that once I'm not paying on my bike or the few hundred on my credit card, that will free up a LOT more money per month. Several hundred actually which is about what I make at the 2nd job...

I can't wait to have my weekends free... then I have no excuse to write... :P

The gym is really calling my name. I think I weigh more now than I ever have before. Blegh... but whatever. I need to cut out the pop and the fast food. That phrase keeps popping up and I know what I need to do but I don't for some reason. It's hard but I need to get off my butt and motivate myself to go exercise. And I have a wii so I have no excuse. Shoot, do the boxing for a couple minutes and that'll make ya sweat.

Although CA is still very attractive, if I'm not happy and content here, I won't be happy and content anywhere. I'm really focusing on accepting life the way it is. I think it's been helpful that my former boss was moved to another position. My focus is just shifting, I guess. I've thought of moving back to Valpo but really not sure. I think I might stay in Demotte but move soon and try and find a newer, nicer place to live. I might get licensed to foster in the next year or so. As long as I have a roomate who can pass the background checks, which I do, then I can contact an agency (other than White's, where I work, of course) and get licensed. Kind of scary but I think it would be a great challenge. One of the hardest but most enjoyable parts of my job is learning how to parent kids, especially the difficult ones. Some of the stuff would blow your mind.

No comments: