Monday, April 27, 2009

A Toast to My Former Self

I rode the bike to work on Friday and rode it up to Liberty on Sunday. Fun times. Now we have some stupid thunderstorms today and it's in the 70s. What a waste! My jacket came in. It's mesh and leather and has pads everywhere. It's actually pretty heavy. I like all the horror stories about bike accidents people deem necessary to impart now that they know I have one.

The bike will be paid off this week. Once state taxes and my next reimbursement check come in, that'll take a HUGE chunk out of the credit card and all the crap I had to pay for. Insurance, registration, jacket, gloves, helmet. Sometimes we forget about all the peripherals...

I've decided that my goal is to become completely content where I'm at in life. I'm not going to think about moving to CA or look for work out there. I'm not going to be a part of a "single's" group. I'm still going to go to the Schiller's Bible study as I definitely need the fellowship. Plus, there are no females that go that I would think about dating. I feel that I often have ulterior motives if I go to Lifeline, or the couple times I went to Transit. I just don't want to be like that. Plus, being the stubborn person as I am, I'm going to take whatever steps to make it seem impossible for something like that to happen. That's what my mom did. And I'm partly doing it because I am just trying not to care.

I've also lost some of my focus on God. It seems the world is a big distraction. Friends go out for drinks or what not. I need to make sure that Christ is my #1 focus and everything else is secondary. I haven't been doing a good job of this but I know how important it is. Not that I've traveled very far off the path. Life just distracts me sometimes from what is really important and what I need to focus on.

Phillipians 3:7-8

No comments: